Friday, September 9, 2011

Icelandic seabears

Yesterday, I went to the concert of Sóley and Sin Fang.


Sin Fang is the stage name of Sindri Már Sigfússon and he started the band Seabear. Sóley is also part of Seabear, but she's going solo too. So first we saw Sóley with someone, then they went off the stage and came back with four more people :P I think they should be called Seabear when they're all together, but for some reason the venue called them just Sin Fang. Also, some of the members from Seabear play in another band called Kimono. If you think this is complicated (I do) and want to now more about it, there's more info here.


But on to the music! First up was Sóley. She was very cute and obviously a bit nervous (lots of "ehm... well... right"s and awkard faces) but she has no reason to be! She sang her beautiful, quiet songs wonderfully with a soft, gentle, fairytale voice. And she looked very adorable :) 
You could clearly hear she was from Iceland. Her voice and way of singing made me think of Emiliana Torrini and that is certainly a good thing :)


Here is the song I liked the most:


It was too bad Sin Fang didn't live up to my expectations though... He just seemed thoroughly bored all the time! And you couldn't hear Sóley singing at all...
I do like his doilybeard though :) Though I'm deducting a few more points because he didn't wear it at the concert...
He wasn't as great as I thought he would be, but he wasn't horrible to listen to either. So all in all it was a pretty nice evening :)
I forgot my camera by the way, that's why there are no pictures by me...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...