Friday, July 29, 2011

They're here... The pictures: Part 1

More than a week after I came home, but still!
So, Rome! It's such a beautiful city... I've been there once before, with school. We were told at least once a week for four years that Rome is the most wonderful city in the world, and I almost agree... You'll see what I mean in Part 2 ;)
So here are the pictures! I took 319 not-too-blurry pictures in Rome, so this is the top selection of the selection of the best pictures from the pictures that were not blurry :)

Our first evening in Rome, on the Piazza del Popolo, which was only a five minute walk from our hotel. Through the Via del Corso, the shopping street of Rome!

This birdbath is a little big...



The next morning, we went to the Villa Borghese. (Unfortunately no cameras allowed there...) We rented this bikelike thingey to cycle around the park around the museum. My boyfriend thought it was awesome, I though I was going to slip out of my seat.

This is a waterclock. It didn't give the right time, but it was still pretty cool :)

And then on to the Pantheon!



There was excavation site, and there were cats! I was just walking around and suddenly I saw all these cats! So of course I went picture crazy...


They were obviously strays, but they didn't look too malnourished and there was a bowl with water nearby... I really hope someone there feeds them...

This cat was really creepy though...

The Trevi fountain :)

And apparently this is how I look when I throw a coin...

Solving lifes mysteries on the Ponte Sant'Angelo: Yes, angels do need paintrollers. (What for is a different question entirely)



The Basilica di San Pietro. We went here on the warmest day and man was it hot on that square!

We hoped it was a bit cooler in the Vatican Musea, but no... I must have drank at least three liters of water that day!


The famour Laocoön group...

This one's cuter though :)

The light inside the Saint Peter's Basilica was so beautiful...




And then we went to see Harry Potter! It was in a quite far, kind of creepy district, the lights were on during the first five minutes of the movie, after an hour or so the movie suddenly stopped and everyone -thinking we had a break- rushed to the bathroom or popcorn, only to find out the movie had started again after thirty seconds. When the movie had finished we came to the conclusion that none of the busses got anywhere near our hotel, so we had to walk for an hour... on flip-flops...
I'm so glad we went though! I would have felt like the worst Potterfan if I hadn't seen it on the first day. And now I can't wait to see it again!

The next day on the Spanish steps :)

And to the Colloseum!




I didn't remember the Forum Romanum to be so boring, but is was... I couldn't believe that people still put flowers on the place of the pyre of Julius Caesar though! No matter how cool Roman history may be, the man was still a mass murderer...


 Saying goodbye to the Trevi fountain, while eating my last delicious peach and raspberry icecream...
If you ever go to Rome you definitely have to go to San Crispino for some peach and honey gelato!
And at Giolitti, when you ask for a scoop of nutella icecream, you just get an enormous scoop of cold nutella. I felt pretty nauseous but so happy after eating that!

And luckily my cointhrowing face has improved :)

That's all for now! I'd post the rest of the pictures soon. Or soonish. Or maybe in a week :)

If you have a holiday post, leave a link! I love watching holiday pictures!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...