Monday, June 13, 2011

Two day holiday: Part 3

This will be the final part describing my two day holiday. You can also read the first and second part!

We had a very nice breakfast at the hotel, with smoked salmon again :) I really love that stuff! When we had eaten enough, we went to the Dutch Open Air Museum. It's a really large area, where they have rebuilt houses, farms and shops of the last two hundered years to "bring the past to life". At first we were both quite excited about it all, but in a while I became more interested in the flowers and animals that were around.

This bee was way too small for the flower! He kept tripping over the stamens :P

This pig was actually rolling around in the mud! How cliché...

This chicken was very suspicious of my camera...

This is one of the most beautiful carrousels I've ever seen! I would have loved to have a ride in that swan if I wouldn't have driven the average age up so much...

This little guy looked like he was smiling in his sleep :)

And this one had a really sheepish smirk :P

This must be the weirdest chicken I've ever seen... My father didn't even recognize it as a chicken when I first showed him the picture! It is actually a traditional Dutch chicken breed, so I guess I must be proud or something...

Though we got bored quite quickly with this place, we found out we had walked around for nearly three hours! We went to the next place quickly, but I'm a sucker for museum shops, so we had a look around there, and they sold a journal by boygirlparty! I think that's pretty cool :)

Next, we went to National Park the Hoge Veluwe, which is one of the largest nature reserves in the Netherlands. On the way there we came across a building site and in the enclosure around it were small holes so you could look at what they were doing. They weren't doing anything actually, but someone very genius had put this sticker next to a hole :)

At the park they have free bikes at every entrance, so you can cycle through the park. So of course we did that! It was lovely to cycle through the woods, underneath te trees and to stop at all the nice sites. We parked our bikes under a tree once, and wandered into the woods. It was really beautiful and quiet :)

When we cycled further, we saw a sign that said "observation post" so we went in that direction. When we entered it, we immediately saw a group of deer! The longer we stayed, the more there came and in the end there were seven adults and a little one!

You can click on the pictures to see them larger!

You can see the little one in the middle on this picture!

I could have stayed there for hours, just watching the deer move around. One time the little fawn lay down and you could only see his ears twitching above the grass sometimes. It was so cute :)

I was really sad to leave, but we still had to cycle back to the entrance, take two buses to the city, find some food and take the train back home. I had a really wonderful time though and I can't wait for the summer holiday to begin so we can go deer spotting again :)

This post must be the longest I've ever written! I hope you enjoyed it :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...