Yesterday was my birthday! My mother woke me up half an hour earlier so I could unwrap my presents. I was so immensely spoiled with gifts I seriously needed the time!
These are some of the gifts I got:
- A stack of lovely books, including a beautiful picture book with the story of Snowwhite, illustrated by Benjamin Lacombe, the hardcover collectors edition of the Kick Ass comics, a translation of Ovid's Metamorphoses and the beautiful clothbound Lyra's Oxford, with short tales about the characters from the Dark Materials trilogy.
- Kick Ass again :)
- A pretty dress with flowers from Mango
- All Stars! Ever since I saw these I wanted a pair to paint for myself :)
- Lyra's Oxford again. There's actually another book with short tales, called Once Upon a Time in the North
- An awesome package to make your own notebooks! It includes premade cardboard covers, paper, glue, a brush and all the other stuff you need to get started :)
- The CD+DVD of Live in London by Regina Spektor. She was in the Netherlands two years ago and I still regret that I wasn't there!
- Metamorphoses again! This book has a picture of the famous statue of Apollo and Daphne by Bernini on the front cover
- Blanche Neige again. It is such a beautiful book! I've leafed through it numerous times, just gazing at the pictures because I really nead a French dictionary to read it..
My favorite picture is of the scene in which Snowwhite is alone in the woods for the first time and is scared by the animals.
I also had this delicious chocolatecake with chocolatetruffle with chocolate and cocoa.
All in all I had a lovely quiet, present-filled day, even though I ate myself nauseous on chocolate cake :)
I almost forgot to mention, I got the best pre-birthday gift from my boyfriend. We went to the concert of Lenka in Paradiso! I will make a post about it soon! :)